Cyber security is necessary to protect our private information, economy, and businesses. Highly classified military information, bank accounts, and corporate websites are prone to Cyber Attack. There is a critical shortage of trained experts capable of defending Cyber Attacks and data breach in the U.S. Developing and securing networking framework and protection of digital data became a top priority for organizations. As more and more industries, government authorities, and societies come to depend on digital networks and technology in day-to-day operations, the networking, cyber security, and administration become more complex.
In this digital world, the crucial difference between network security and cyber security must be made aware. If a company or an organization relies on networking, network security is concerned about protecting the data within the walls of the organization. It also acts as reinforcement for security breaches from outside, but the prime purpose of is to guard against problems within the network. To protect the company’s internal information the following features and activities are applied.
- IDs and passwords- Making sure they are efficient and updated regularly
- Internet access- Observing the websites employees visit on the organization’s computers
- Firewalls- Protecting the network from outside threats
- Scans- Regular scans to detect virus and malware infection
- Encryption- Ensuring the company’s data cannot be decrypted by outsiders.
Cyber security is concerned about threats from outside the organization’s walls. Cyber security keeps a watch on threats and attacks from outside the network. Though, network security and cyber security are similar in protecting the network their primary area of concern are different. The cyber security generally offers,
- Network protection- Detecting and protecting against threats from outside attempting to breach the network
- Applications- Observing the use of applications to bypass unwanted entries.
- Intelligence- Analyzing the source of threats and breaches and providing protection.
- Up-to-date information- staying updated on the efforts of hackers and attackers.
The constant increase in the dependency on the internet and social media made cyber security a top priority. Increasing cyber threats such as data theft, identity theft, and other cyber exposures made the users remain more vigilant about data protection. It is fundamental to understand the different types of risks and threats in networking. Yet various government authorities find it difficult in protecting data because of scarcely secured infrastructure, lack of awareness, and inadequate funds. Theft of classified data from government organizations can lead to crucial threats on a country. Hence, cyber security is of dominant importance for government authorities. An individual dependent on networking must be aware on how to defend personal data from being hacked and cyber threats. Users should also consider the safety factor before sharing information with anonymous internet users.